1. Contact your observing teacher before going to the school, whether by e-mail or calling the school to arrange a meeting.
*If you have NOT heard from your teacher within a week of sending an e-mail or calling the school it would best to go to the school directly. DO NOT wait until the semester is halfway over.
2. Make sure you know the guidelines for your field experience before starting to complete your hours. Trust me when saying this will help you in the long run.
*Especially know how many hours you need to complete.
3. Treat your observing teacher AND students with respect. They are there to help you learn, especially the students, even if they do not know it.
4. Do not overstep your bounds in the classroom. Your observing teacher could have chosen not to have you in the classroom. Respect this privilege!
5. HAVE FUN! You would not have chosen a profession that is boring.